SOE is a creative studio that values creative solutions to complex problems. We work in small, fast-paced, cross-functional agile teams. Applicants must be open to international travel, working remotely and meeting tight deadlines.
Must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as SOE does not sponsor visas.
- You are curious and code for fun.
- You are passionate about your craft and love working with folks who feel equally strongly about their professions.
- You have 3+ years of recent experience in at least one of our core technologies: Go, Scala, Node.js, React, etc. BS in Computer Science, Math, EE, or applicable
Young Executive Internship Program
What is the SOE Internship program?
The Internship is offered in two sessions annually; one starting in January (Spring) and one starting in August (Fall) running for a period of about four months. Participating in the Spring or Fall programs allows for a hands-on experience as well as providing an in-depth understanding of the fast-paced nature of the SOE studio.
The majority of internships take place at the New Inc. Incubator located in the SoHo district of Manhattan. Select internships divide time between our SoHo office and, potentially, sites around the world.
This is a paid program, which will require all chosen participants to undergo a verification process. SOE will also not reimburse travel, housing or other expenses.
Interns will be asked to do a variety of tasks throughout their time at SOE. These projects will depend on where the studio is working and the skill level of interns as well as other factors.
Tasks may include (but are not limited to):
Research on specific works of art, architecture, artists, museums, etc. Provide support on technology-related tasks assisting with client presentations, notes and essays. Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
The Internship is offered as both a part-time and full-time programme. SOE’s standard, full-time working hours are 9am to 5pm. Interns are expected to adhere to these working hours unless otherwise specified by the department supervisor. Part-time hours should be discussed and agreed upon during the interview process.
SOE has events, sales, and other activities throughout the working day as well as in the evenings and we highly encourage all interns to participate in these occasions to take an active role in the company and to gain diversified experiences.
2018 position has been FILLED
The dates for 2019 are as follows:
Spring session: 14 January 2019 – 24 May 2019
Applications open: 15 October 2018
Deadline: 11 November 2018
Fall session: 19 August 2019 – 20 December 2019
Applications open: 10 June 2019
Deadline: 7 July 2019
Candidate selections are based on the below criteria:
• Undergraduate students, masters students, or recently graduated individuals (within a year of graduation)
• Must have appropriate work authorization (CPT/OPT complete), as SOE does not sponsor visas for entry-level positions
• Available for the entirety of the programme and should prepare a schedule for the time and workload commitment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment
• Detail oriented, hard-working, driven and focused
• Highly collaborative nature
All candidates must digitally submit their application; hard copy applications will not be accepted. SOE reviews all formal application submissions, and successful candidates will be contacted directly by the department supervisors for interviews.
Please complete the form below to receive instructions on how to apply.